In July 2012, the Carl-von-Heß'sche Sozialstiftung set up a central quality management (QM) under the leadership of Manuela Manger, which is focused on ensuring and continually enhancing the quality of the foundation's facilities.
The foundation mission and the motto "It's our duty to care" form the basis of the QM. Consequently, the priorities are ensuring skilled nursing, social support and meals for the residents of the retirement homes.
The quality principles, developed based on the PDCA cycle, are focused on systematic maintenance and improvement of the quality of processes and outcomes, defining required action, reviewing and evaluating the implementation, and workable and proportionate documentation
Efficient quality management is a team effort
Responsibility for implementing quality management lies with the senior management and the quality management representative (QMR) of the facilities. To assist them, internal audits and the development of needs-based procedures, for example evaluation of information channels and deriving a communication matrix, are carried out.
The members of the different quality circles/conferences (quality management, process management, hygiene management, nursing standards, training, meal provision) also support the work of the central QM and ensure the necessary transparency.
Responsibilities of the central QM
- Managing quality circles/conferences
- Developing/further developing concepts, procedures and standards
- Advising the facilities in order to optimise processes / improve quality
- Optimising workflow in collaboration with senior management
- Reviewing the quality of the results:
- Conducting internal audits
- Evaluating external quality audits
- Carrying out surveys about resident satisfaction
- Evaluating complaint management
- Evaluating risk assessment etc.
- Controlling documentation (QM manual, forms, computer instructions, etc.)
- Personnel management
- Planning prospective further and continuing education; coordinating in-house training
- Evaluating downtime
- Developing job descriptions
- Developing training concepts
- Evaluating training and practical guides
- Developing criteria to assess employee satisfaction, etc.
- Taking part in foundation board meetings